Following are the gist of Recommendations :
- Re-evaluation of answer books not recommended.
- Errors that are apparent and don’t require the application of mind may be corrected. For e.g True or false questions. However, No re-evaluation recommended in other cases.
- Make entry at Foundation level tough – Recommendation to restrict the number of attempts to 3.
- If a candidate scores less than 20% at Inter level for two consecutive attempts, the candidate will not be allowed to appear in the next two exams.
- Minimum stipend paid to be doubled.
- Committee not in favor of MCQ – Recommends ICAI to review the need for MCQs. If ICAI accepts this recommendation, MCQs may be withdrawn.
- Negative marking recommended for MCQs.
- Model answers (without marking scheme to be published)
- Publish MCQ questions and answer keys
- Provide copies of answer books to all candidates
These are at the recommendation stage and the final decision is not yet taken.